Table of Contents
- Overview of Anatomy
- Cells, Epithelial and Connective Tissues, and Skin
- Osseous Tissue, Bone and the Skeleton
- Muscle Tissues and Skeletal Muscles
- Nervous Tissue, Spinal Cord, Brain, and Sensory Organs
- Heart, Blood Vessels, and Blood
- Airways and Lungs, GI Tract, Kidneys and Bladder
- Autonomic Nervous System, Endocrine Glands, and Reproductive Organs
About the Author
Dr. Ward is a Professor of Anatomy and Physiology in the Division of Science, Mathematics and Engineering at Modesto Junior College. Dr. Ward has also been:
- A faculty member in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- A faculty member in the Department of Physiology at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, where he received the Robert Bennett Bean Award for excellence in teaching.
- The founder and Director of the H.M. Ward Memorial Laboratory in California’s Central Valley.
- A scientist at Genentech, Inc., where he received several patents for his work in the area of cardiovascular therapy, specifically in the treatment of acute and chronic heart failure.